|marysa lemaire (borntomagic) wrote,|
@ 2015-11-01 23:23:00
I think there's a flaw in my code
FULL NAME: Marysa Gabrielle Lemaire.
NICKNAMES: Mary, Rysa
DOB: June 13th.
PLACE OF BIRTH: New Orleans, Louisiana.
ORIGIN: Traditional witch lore.
MARITAL STATUS: Single.
• Has a cat named Trevoer
• Dated Nate Mercer while she was taking ballet at a nearby dance school.
• Still dances despite not being able to do it professionally. She often teaches classes when she settles down in one town.
• Has been known to help treat magically caused injuries.
• Made it snow once in her hometown to cheer up a little boy sick with cancer.
• Celebrates Christmas despite not being a christian. She just is genuinely fond of the idea of it.
• Searched for her mother for years after losing her grandmother. Truly believes that Marie is dead.
• Is an amazing cook.
well my heart is gold, and my hands are cold
Born in New Orleans. She was abandoned by her mother and father when she was a baby and was rasied by her grandmother. Grandmere Lemaire was a faith healer and a well known and fairly lucrative one at that. While her motives were unique, she was well respected.
Marysa grew into a quick witted and powerful child. Slightly temperamental, it was only her grandmother's influence and teachings that kept her from growing into a brat. Loyal to a fault, Marysa mad friends easily and kept them for long term. She studied hard in school, in her grandmother's teachings and her ballet.
It was during her teenage years, her grandmother began showing symptoms of alzheimers. At first, her magical skills managed to hold it back and she was able to continue to work without missing a step. Marysa hurt her knee during a performance of Swan Lake. Unwilling to ask her grandmother to help her and tax the hold her magic had on her condition and unable to fix it herself, she quietly quit dancing. Giving up the idea of a professional ballet career was devastating to Marysa but she threw herself into her studies, intent on taking her place beside her grandmother.
She didn't want to say it at first but eventually, the signs that her Grandmere was slipping were too blatant to ignore. They began discussing options. From Westernized medicine, to death and finally to vampirism. At first, they resisted the idea but after a frightening episode where she disappeared, Marysa convinced a friend to turn her.
It worked as they had hoped and after waiting until her grandmother could properly resist the call of her bloodlust, they resumed their work. It was all working out until a vampire hunter attacked the house where they were working on a patient. The patient, her grandmother and several other vampires were killed and try as hard as she could, Marysa couldn't stop it.
She's been looking for the hunter ever since. Recently, she was contacted by a witch in Seattle about a job opportunity and has headed there to work.
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
- Speaks French and Spanish
- Spell casting and potion making, summoning and mediumship. Is an expert in hexes and protection wards. Especially gifted with fire related spells.
- Well versed in Voodoo practices.
- Classically trained ballet dancer
PB: Zoe Saldana